Welcome to the Defining Moment News. It is with great excitement to inform the readers of this blog that Shem Yao Weixiong, 27, completed his full Marathon, 42.195KM!!! Let's see what he has to say about the run.

"I tell you ah!! This run was the craziest thing I had ever done in my life! I thought I was going to "die" lah!!! I wanted to give up but I told myself that since I already gone this far, might as well go all the way! Why give up now? Although I did the whole run in about 7hrs 45mins, I was really proud that I finished it. Sometimes, it is not the process that counts, but how well you finish. So never give up!"

Yao did complete his run in the longest time possible, however, he was doing very well for the first 15km. He was at a very good pace with his running buddy, EeJay. However, due to a sudden sharp pain that came in his left foot, Yao, had to slow down to a crawl at the 21km mark, and could not run anymore. Deciding against giving up, he encourage EeJay to continue running, and he will catch up.



However, the pain for him was too great that he had no choice but to walk all the way back. His running buddy, EeJay, completed the race in 6hrs 30mins! Isn't that awesome?! Congrats EeJay! You are powderful la!

Yao will like to give his thanks to another couple who were running the race with him on the last 12km of the league. Special thanks goes to Chua and Ros for their encouragement and spirit. "You two really kept me going! Thanks!"

1 comments:

esther said...

hi Shem,

I'm glad that God's love is everywhere and anything can remind us of His unfailing love (:

btw, i had to clarify that i didnt take those photos in china (: i'm not so pro! but thanks anyway (:

God bless in this new year and His mercies are new everyday!