"Which bus do you need to take uncle?"

A question I asked a blind uncle at the bus stop one morning. It was raining very heavily one morning while I was waiting to get on the bus to go to work.

As usual the bus took super long to come, and while waiting, I noticed a uncle getting down a bus that just arrived. He was doing it rather slowly, and I saw a walking cane and realised that he was blind. No one seems to had noticed, so I quickly went over to help him down the bus.

Took the opportunity to talk to uncle as well and asked him which bus he needed to change to.
"56 and 57." he said. We exchanged some small talks and I was praying really hard that his bus will come first, so that I can ensure he will be able to get on the bus.

However, my bus came before his. In the distance, I saw my bus and knew I needed to do something. Looking around, I was glad that a young guy stepped forward, seemingly aware that I am looking for help for the uncle and took over as watchman. I thanked the young guy, gave him a pat on the shoulder, bid goodbye and boarded my bus. I hope the uncle got on his bus before the young guy.

Whoever you are, thanks alot.

Who says there are no gracious people in Singapore?

0 comments: