9.16.2008

Girl Rocks Gold!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw the text streaming pass the TV Mobile Screen on the bus when I am on my home yesterday. "Singapore swimmer struck gold in swimming event." I was thinking, "Wow! Whose this girl?"

Well, I did a check online and this is what I found out. Singapore Paralympic swimmer, Yip Pin Xiu, had won a silver and a gold in this year's Paralympic in Beijing!!!! WHOO HOO!!! I was uper impressed with her la! Pin Xiu suffers from muscular dystrohy, which is a illness that caused progressive muscle weakness. Even with this challenge in life, Pin Xiu still did not let such a illness from being the obstacle in her life. She is an overcomer, one that triumps against all odds to achieve her goal. Amazing spirit, courage and life!

Another reason to be proud of Pin Xiu is that she is also from my secondary school too, Bendemeer Secondary School!!! Pin Xiu, I'm am so proud of you girl! You not only brought pride to the nation but also to your school, and as ex-bendemeerian, I am so glad for you! Well done! Your hard work is greatly appreciated and you deserve to bask in this honor and glory for the time being!













"Bendemeer... the school of our choice... Unique in style, Matchless in beauty.... Landmark of Serangoon, A beacon of learning....."
"Our pride and Joy, Our cherished school"
(That's all I could remember... =p)

0 comments: