I never knew what caused me to put myself through this... is it just because of the fact that I want to own a FINISHER's T-shirt? Does it really matter so much to me?

For the past 4 years, I had completed 3 half marathons, though none of it was by choice. However, this year, when I thought I no longer need to be forced into doing something like running for 2.5 hours straight, I signed up for a FULL MARATHON. Am I craze or what?
But I like jogging, and the past half marathons really caused me to start enjoying this mundane act of putting one foot after another till you can't feel them. But what is my motivation? Could it be just a silly T-Shirt? The fact that I paid over $50 to wake up early at 430am, run for 5 hours or more, muscle ache, cramps and backpain seems to show that I had gone out of my mind. But as I sat back and re-think my decision, I concluded that there are a few good things that are coming out of this.

1. I like to see my wife fuss over me, when I get aches and pains after training. Isn't she awesome?

2. I improve on physical fitness level and probably be able to clock a good timing for IPPT.

3. I get to train with friends (EJ, WM) and we spend a good deal of time, talking while running, sharing and just hanging out. Nothing beats having buddies running and pursuing a goal with you.

4. I get to explore places through running.

5. Bragging rights!!! Muhaha!

Well as the top banner says, I got 85 days more to go. Can't slack anymore! Gotta pick up the training and distance!

Yesterday, EJ and I did our first training together and we clock about 5-6km in about 35mins. Not very fast, but it was a great run. Check out our route (Marked by the red line)!



Well it may seem like very far, but think we handled it quite well. So next week EJ suggested we try a longer route! So looking forward to it! Stay tune for new running updates and run along!

0 comments: