A Post for all parents... especially fathers...

This was a song written by Steven Curtis Chapman. The inspiration of the song came to him one night when he was at home, having to care for his three adopted daughters. He was trying to get them into the shower, washed up, and into bed, so he could carry on with his work and writing some songs. It was a rush everything scenerio. When he finally finished and sat down at his desk, he remembered his eldest daughter, whose 21, and getting married soon. How all these years seem to just flew pass so quickly. Wouldn't he give anything to relive this moments again, like caring for his daughters, playing with them, singing with them? Well, he wrote this song, titled "Cinderella", to remind himself and hopefully others, to always cherish this special moments with his children.

"Cinderella"

She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me
Saying "Dad, I need you

There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

She will be gone

Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone


Few months after this song and album was released, tragedy struck at the home of Steven and his family. Their youngest daughter, Maria Sue, was knocked down, accidentally by their son in the driveway. 

The following series of videos was taken from YouTube. It was an interview done with Steven Curtis Chapman and his family, on the loss of their adopted 5 year old daughter, Maria Sue. Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian Contemporary singer and he and his music had always been a great inspiration for me and for my walk with God. It was through his songs that I began to love music, love worship, love playing music. I had been following Steven and his music for almost 12 years and I can say that he is a real great singer, and most of all, a man who fear and loves God.

Steven Curtis Chapman and family adopted 3 children, Shaohannah, Stevey Joy, Maria Sue, from China over a period of time and Maria Sue was their youngest. They had 3 children of their own before adoption. When the news was released that Maria Sue had passed away in a car accident, I was really sad and was wondering how he and his family was handling it. But when I found out it was Steven's son, Will, that had knocked down Maria Sue accidentally, I could almost feel the guilt that pierce Will's heart. Although this was a difficult time, I know that they will ride through this storm with Jesus as their anchor.

Do look through this interview and see how God had been their shield and their hope.

Part 1/6


Part 2/6


Part 3/6


Part 4/6


Part 5/6


Part 6/6


Steven Curtis Chapman had always been an inspiration to me. I had been listening to his music for the past 13 years. His music and life is a great testimony of how powerful God is. 

I hope this interview can give you a glimpse of the power and testimony of God in their lives. And if God can give this hope to them, so can He give it to you. If only you believe, it will be Yours to receive. He is our hope in times of need and I hope He will be the one you turn to when you face difficult times of loss, sadness, challenges in your life.

0 comments: