F1 Fever came and went over the weekend. Had a great time watching the final race on Sunday night and boy, it was major exciting. There weren't any major happenings except for a few scary stuff, such as the crash that brought Piquet of Renault out of the race, causing the race to stop, allowing the safety car to come onto the track, which resulted in a few drivers being penalised cuz they failed to join in the train of following the safety car as required by the rules. It was really complicated and I guess those that were penalised had to blame it on bad timing.


However, the most unforgettable moment of the race for me was when Massa, who was one of the driver for Ferrari, went into pit stop, and drove off before the fuel injection hose could be remove, leaving the pit stop with the hose still attached to his vehicle, and hurting one of the crew members in the process. After the replay was shown, it was totally not Massa's fault. It was probably bad timing again as the crew showed the green light to release the driver but the hose was stuck!!! Can you believe it? Ferrari! One of the better teams in the competition and this could happen. I was just glad that crew guy did not get run over by the car. That would had been disatrous. Check this out!




Well why did I then say I use to be one? Well watching the F1 race brought back lots of memories about driving for me. I enjoy driving, I LOVE driving. It was fun, exciting to be gunning the accelerator. I use to drive while the finances allowed me for about 4 years. I love my car. But driving can bring out the "devil" in me. I am a really impatient driver. Though I always deny that I wasn't, in actual fact, I am less patient when I get behind the wheel. I get really upset when people cut my lane without signal warning, flash me for no reason. It just get on my nerves, and I would "curse", scold, and some ugly words do come out. I even had a staring down session with a cab driver once, which resulted in over-taking one another and "racing" one another along expressway, and of course..... the ugly "finger pointing". But I really felt bad after the episode and tried to behave myself better. But sometimes I can forget myself. Let me share a few pointers about better driving ethics after what I had gone through and learnt.

Driving Tips No. 1
Just give way la.... I always thought "why should I"? But as you start giving way, people usually appreciate and they will wave and thank you or allow you to pass later on down the road if you do meet again, especially if it is a traffic jam. It is a great feeling.

Driving Tips No. 2
Do not speed! Even when there are no cars around at 3am in the morning. There are snow whites around. You never know...

Driving Tips No. 3
Just smile and move along. No point being pissed off. I learnt that being angry hurts you more than what the other person did. Your heart pump harder. You sweat and become sticky. You may even drive faster, and wait kena fine! What's the point? Just blast the ICE (In Car Entertainment) system to your fav "Initial D" soundtrack to cool down! Nothing beats Techno MUSIC blasting!

Now that I don't have my own car to drive, I miss it quite a lot, but there were a lot of benefits as well. I can now relax on the bus, catching up on reading, listening to my music in peace, save a lot of money, and be observing people. Which also means I get irritated by people who are super inconsiderate on public transport. I will blog about this the next time.

0 comments: